In this article:
1. “Application” means a request under the convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority.
2. “Central authority” means the entity designated by the United States or a foreign country described in section 25-1202, paragraph 5, subdivision (d) to perform the functions specified in the convention.
3. “Convention support order” means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country described in section 25-1202, paragraph 5, subdivision (d).
4. “Direct request” means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor or child residing outside the United States.
5. “Foreign central authority” means the entity designated by a foreign country described in section 25-1202 to perform the functions specified in the convention.
6. “Foreign support agreement”:
(a) Means an agreement for support in a record to which all of the following apply:
(i) It is enforceable as a support order in the country of origin.
(ii) It has been formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal or authenticated by, or concluded, registered or filed with, a foreign tribunal.
(iii) It may be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal.
(b) Includes a maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument under the convention.
7. “United States central authority” means the secretary of the United States department of health and human services.