Written by webtechs

25-1286 Contest by obligor

A. An obligor may contest the validity or enforcement of an income withholding order issued in another state and received directly by an employer in this state by registering the order in a tribunal of this state and filing a contest to that order as provided in article 6 of this chapter or otherwise contesting the order in the same manner as if the order had been issued by a tribunal of this state.

B. The obligor shall give notice of the contest to:

1. A support enforcement agency providing services to the obligee.

2. Each employer that has directly received an income withholding order.

3. The person designated in the income withholding order to receive payments, or if no person is designated, to the obligee.