Brendan J. Kennedy is a partner with the CPA firm of ATLAS CPAs and Advisors PLLC with offices in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa and Illinois. Mr. Kennedy is responsible for the business valuation and litigation support services within the firm. Mr. Kennedy’s professional experience includes over thirty-five years in the business concentrations of finance and accounting, with emphasis in business valuation, litigation support, financial analysis and presentation, forecasting, and mergers and acquisitions. He has served clients with businesses in many industries including manufacturing, wholesale, distribution, retail, healthcare, law, real estate and other professional services. Mr. Kennedy has also testified as an expert witness in the area of business valuation and economic damages in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Kennedy’s certifications and credentials are a testament to his devotion to the profession to which he has dedicated his career. Below is a list of Mr. Kennedy’s academic achievements, professional credentials and affiliations.
Academic Achievements and Professional Credentials:
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), American Institute of CPAs, 2008
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), American Society of Appraisers, 2004
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), American Institute of CPAs, 1999
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, 1998
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), State of Arizona, 1985
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Iowa State University, 1983
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Appraisers
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Collaborative Professionals of Phoenix
Mr. Kennedy graduated from Iowa State University in 1983 with a BBA in Accounting. After graduation he moved to Phoenix and has worked and lived in the Valley since. He started his career with an accounting firm where he worked for two years until he started into corporate accounting in 1986. Mr. Kennedy was in corporate accounting for nearly ten years and began specializing in business valuation and litigation support in 1997. Since then he has had a wide array of experience in business valuation and performed over 1,000 business valuations in many different industries.
In addition to his work Mr. Kennedy is an active member of the Phoenix 100 Rotary Club and serves the community through is work in a variety of different organizations and clubs.